What are YOU pinning these days?
Pinterest is huge source of traffic for my Walking on Sunshine blog but it wasn’t always that way. There was a time when Pinterest rarely showed up in my analytics but I’m happy to say that after paying some serious attention to my Pinterest boards and using Tailwind to schedule my pins, Pinterest brings the most traffic to my blog out of all my other social media. AND it can be for you too!
The secret is to know what to pin and when to pin!
Here’s what we all should be pinning for the month of January
- Organization – everyone wants to get organized after Christmas.
- Health and Fitness Tips
- Low Carb Recipes
- Super Bowl Party Recipes and Ideas
- 2017 Planners
- Blogging Tips – go ahead pin this post to your Blog Tips Board!
- Valentine’s Day – pin recipes, crafts, date ideas, tablescapes, mantel decor, lunch notes, etc.
- Mardis Gras – don’t forget, right after Valentine’s Day comes Mardi Gras and you’ll want to start pinning ideas now. Don’t forget Fat Tuesday recipes and King Cake recipes!
- Winter Decorating Ideas – now that Christmas is over, we need to decorate something. Show us some really great ideas on winter decor. And don’t forget about decorating the front porch!
- Comfort Food – yes, there are some people not on diets and wanting to find comfort in delicious recipes.
- Meal Plans – this should be something you pin every month. People need help planning out their meals every week. Why not start a series on your blog and link to your Menu Plan board?
Let’s Plan Ahead!
Take a look through your analytics and see what was popular this time LAST year. Can you go through that post and update it somehow? Maybe add a few affiliate links? When I first started blogging almost nine years ago, I had no clue what I was doing. I sometimes feel that I still don’t know what I’m doing! But I am learning. I try to go through at least five of my older posts and update them weekly. Add my newsletter sign up, add affiliate links, add my Pampered Chef information and most importantly, make sure my photos are all labeled correctly.
There you have it! There’s my list of what we should all be pinning to our Pinterest boards for the month of January. Don’t forget, if you’d like help with Pinterest, fill out the contact form below or you can email me at email@example.com
Baking Rack – Item #1588
Baking Trays – Item #1721
Reversible Silicone Baking Mat – #1732